Official Name: The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Department of Aviation
6000 North Terminal Parkway
Atrium Suite 4000
Atlanta, GA 30320
Phone : 404-209-1700
Airport Code: ATL
Ownership/Operator: The City of Atlanta, Department of Aviation
Latitude / Longitude: 33° 38′ 12″ North / 84° 25′ 41″ West
Elevation Above Sea Level: 1,026 feet (313 meters)
Distance from Downtown Atlanta: 10 miles (16.1 kilometers)
Total Airport Area: 4,700 acres (1,902 Hectares)
9R-27L = 9,000 feet long (2,743 meters). Category III
9L-27R = 12,390 feet long (3,776 meters). Category I
8R-26L = 10,000 feet long (3,048 meters). Category II
8L-26R = 9,000 feet long (2,743 meters). Category III
10-28 = 9,000 feet long (2,743 meters). Category II
Terminal Complex: The terminal complex measures 156.1 acres (63.2 hectares), or 6.8 million square feet. The complex includes the domestic and international terminals building and concourses T, A, B, C, D, E and F. Within these concourses, there are a total of 207 gates comprised of 167 domestic and 40 international gates. The Airport is free of any architectural barriers to people with disabilities.
Airport People Mover: The Airport’s underground, Automated People Mover connects all concourses with the domestic and international terminals and consists of eleven, four-car trains operating on a 3.0 mile loop track. Trains operate approximately every two minutes. On average, the trains carry more than 200,000 passengers per day.
Cargo: There are three main air cargo complexes, North, Midfield and South, a Perishables Complex and a USDA Propagated Plant Inspection Station. The total on-airport air cargo warehouse space measures 29.8 acres(12.1 hectares) or 1.3 million square feet. There are 28 parking positions for cargo aircraft, 19 at the north complex and 9 at the south complex
Employment: Hartsfield-Jackson is the state’s largest employer, with more than 63,000 airline, ground transportation, concessionaire, security, federal government, City of Atlanta and Airport tenant employees.
Economic Impact: ATL is the economic jewel of Georgia, generating a $34.8 billion economic impact for metro Atlanta.
Parking – Domestic Terminal: There are more than 30,000 public parking spaces at Hartsfield-Jackson, including over 10,000 in covered parking decks, 7,300 in Domestic North and Domestic South Economy parking lots, 1,300 in the Domestic Park-Ride Reserve lot and 7,800 in the Airport’s Domestic Park-Ride lots. Special parking spaces are also provided for disabled passengers in each lot.
Parking – International Terminal: Parking at the international terminal is easy and convenient. Two parking facilities provide more than 3,500 spaces within minutes of the international terminal.
- International hourly: The hourly lot – just steps from check-in and arrivals – contains more than 1,100 parking spaces. The international hourly parking deck features 14 close-in parking spaces for alternative fuel vehicles and 14 parking spaces for vanpools and carpools. From Maynard H. Jackson Jr. Boulevard, follow the signs to hourly parking.
- Gold Reserve parking: Gold Reserve parking provides frequent travelers with fast, convenient, covered and guaranteed Airport parking on the lower level at the international terminal. Passengers who have spaces in Gold Reserve parking do not have to wait in line for tickets or search for open parking spaces.
- International Park-Ride: The International Park-Ride facility on Maynard H. Jackson Jr. Boulevard, just west of Loop Road, offers 2,600 parking spaces. Passengers may take a three-minute ride on a shuttle bus to the international terminal’s curbside drop-off area. The free shuttle is available 24 hours a day.
Ground Transportation –
Rideshare for employees: Put some green into your commute. The spendable kind. AERO matches you with the best way to work and then rewards you with incentives and gift cards. Learn more about the program by visiting: www.joinAERO.com/plan
Domestic Terminal: The Ground Transportation Center is located at the west end of the domestic terminal building and offers the following services:
- Shuttle bus services offer door-to-door and on-demand pickup service from the Airport to the Atlanta metropolitan area and bordering states, departing every 15 minutes within the metropolitan area and every 30 minutes for all other areas.
- Taxi, limo and sedan services.
- 13 rental car agencies located at the Rental Car Center, with free SkyTrain service to and from the Airport.
- The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) provides train service to the metro Atlanta area.
- Area hotel and off-site parking shuttle buses.
Ground Transportation – International Terminal: The international terminal features several safe, reliable ground transportation options.
Connections to hotels, downtown, convention centers, MARTA and the Airport’s rental car center are conveniently located at the curb outside the main greeting area on the arrivals level. Signs inside the building will direct passengers to the ground transportation area.
Hanging signs and a color-code system will help passengers quickly identify loading and unloading zones for each ground transportation service:
- Taxis: Yellow/Zone 1
- Hotel shuttles: Green/Zone 4
- Local/regional shuttles: Green/Zone 4
- Charter buses: Blue/Zone 5
- Parking shuttles: Orange/Zone 2
- International shuttle connector: Red/Zone 3
International shuttle connector: Because Atlanta-bound passengers cannot access secured areas of the Airport after they pick up their luggage at the international terminal baggage claim, the Airport has established shuttle services to link passengers at the international terminal with existing facilities.
The international shuttle connector offers direct service from the international terminal to two locations:
- Existing facilities: A 15-minute shuttle ride connects the international terminal with the domestic terminal’s ground transportation center at the west end of the building. From here, passengers can access the domestic terminal, parking areas and MARTA train service to downtown.
- Rental car center: A 15-minute shuttle ride links passengers with the rental car center, which houses all rental car transaction counters and vehicles.
The international shuttle connector is a free service and operates 24 hours a day.
Rental Car Center: In December 2009, Hartsfield-Jackson opened a convenient, state-of-the-art, 67.5 acre facility that houses all rental car company operations and vehicles. The rental car center includes two four-story parking decks, more than 8,700 parking spaces and a 137,000 square foot customer service center. The rental car center features 13 rental car agencies – Advantage, Airport, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z, Hertz, iTravel, National, Thrifty and Payless Rent a Car companies.
ATL SkyTrain: Connecting customers to the Rental Car Center is an elevated train, dubbed the ATL SkyTrain. In five minutes, passengers are connected to the Rental Car Center, Georgia International Convention Center, hotels and office buildings. The train operates six two-car trains, which can carry 100 passengers and their baggage.
MARTA: The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) provides train and bus service to the metro Atlanta area. MARTA’s Airport Station connects to Hartsfield-Jackson at the west end of the domestic terminal building between Domestic Terminal North and Domestic Terminal South baggage claim areas. For more information visit www.itsmarta.com.
Concessions: There are 263 concession outlets throughout the Airport – 114 food and beverage locations, 90 retail and convenience outlets, three duty-free stores and 56 service outlets, including a banking center, Georgia Lottery outlets, ATMs, vending machines and spas. Concessions space covers approximately 230,000 square feet.
Delta Air Lines
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Lufthansa German Airlines
|Air Canada / Jazz
US Airways Express / Mesa Airlines
American Connection / American Eagle Airlines
US Airways Express / Republic Airlines
Delta Connection / Compass Airlines
|Delta Connection / Endeavor Airlines
Delta Connection / Shuttle America
United Express / ExpressJet Airlines
United Express / Mesa Airlines
United Express / Shuttle America
United Express / SkyWest Airlines
|Omni Air International|
British Airways Cargo
Cathay Pacific Airways
|China Cargo Airlines
Korean Air Cargo
|Lufthansa German Airlines
|Atlas Air Cargo
Mountain Air Cargo
- Since 1998, Hartsfield-Jackson has been the most traveled airport in the world.
- Hartsfield-Jackson serves 150 U.S. destinations and more than 75 international destinations in 50 countries.
- Hartsfield-Jackson has the tallest air traffic control tower in North America (398 feet or 121 meters) and is the fourth tallest in the world.
- Hartsfield-Jackson averages more than 250,000 passengers a day.
- On average, there are almost 2,500 arrivals and departures daily.
- Atlanta is within a two-hour flight of 80 percent of the United States population.
Banks & ATMs
Wells Fargo is a full-service bank providing checking, savings, transfers, travelers checks, cash advances, loans and investment services.
Hours: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, contact Wells Fargo Bank at (404) 974-9555 or visit www.wellsfargo.com.
Travelex Currency Exchange offers foreign currency exchange, travelers checks, drafts and wires, phone cards, travel insurance and foreign check collection.
Travelex has 12 currency exchange locations at Hartsfield-Jackson:
Atrium – 404-766-8767
Concourse T near Gate T7 – 404-767-3471
Concourse A Centerpoint – 404-762-7696
Concourse B near Gate B16 – 404-762-7996
Concourse D Centerpoint – 404-767-4530
Concourse E at Customs – 404-761-1406
Concourse E near Gate E12 – 404-761-1941
Concourse E Gate E26 – 404-761-6331
Concourse E Centerpoint – 404-768-2465
Concourse F near Gate F6 – 404-763-0900
Concourse F Arrivals Area (Baggage Claim) – 404-719-1175
Concourse F (Train/Customs Level) – No phone number
For additional information, including hours of operation, contact the Travelex atrium location at (404) 766-2700 or Concourse E location at (404) 761-6331. You can also visit www.travelex.com.
The Interfaith Airport Chapel provides a ministry of presence to the interfaith community of passengers and employees at the world’s busiest airport.
Chaplaincy services are available throughout the week at multiple Airport locations. In addition to services, the prayer room in the Domestic Terminal Chapel and the chapels on Concourses E and F are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Chaplain Office is next to the chapel in the Domestic Terminal atrium on the third floor. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
For additional information, contact (404) 762-1051 or visit www.ATLchapel.org. Emergency services are available 24/7 at (404) 762-1051.
|Sunday||4:30 p.m.||Mass||Concourse F Chapel|
|Monday||11:30 a.m.||Mass||Concourse F Chapel|
|Tuesday||11:30 a.m.||Communion||Concourse F Chapel|
|Wednesday||11:30 a.m.||Mass||Concourse F Chapel|
|Thursday||11:30 a.m.||Communion||Concourse F Chapel|
|Friday||11:30 a.m.||Mass||Concourse F Chapel|
|Saturday||4:30 p.m.||Mass||Concourse F Chapel|
|Saturday||5-8 p.m.||Prayer and Musical Worship||Domestic Atrium Chapel|
|Domestic Atrium Chapel
Concourse F Chapel
|Friday||1:45 p.m.||Jumu’ah Prayer||Domestic Atrium Chapel|
The Airport’s six lactation pods offer an intimate, private location for nursing mothers traveling through Hartsfield-Jackson. The suites can be locked from the inside and provide bench seating, a small diaper-changing table and an electric outlet for pumps. The six stations are situated near gates T7, B5, D34, E Centerpoint, F5 and F arrivals. Soon, construction will be underway for a pre-security nursing room in the domestic terminal.
To access Mamava on the go, please download the Mamava Pump & Nursing Finder app here.
Hartsfield-Jackson welcomes its many guests, including those of the canine persuasion. To accommodate passenger pets and guide dogs, the Airport provides indoor Service Animal Relief Areas (SARAs) located in every concourse near Gates T7, A10, B33, C19, E14, F7 as well as D-Midpoint.
In addition, there’s a 1,000-square-foot dog park in the Ground Transportation area on Domestic Terminal South, outside of doors W1 and W2. The fully fenced-in park offers biodegradable bags along with benches. Click here to see the dog park.
An additional pet relief area is located on the arrivals level of the International Terminal, right outside of door A1.
Pet transportation policies vary by airline and time of year. Contact your airline directly for details.